If you want to pick a bank for your savings or investments, RHB Bank should be the last choice in your list. I've been using RHB bank's service for more than 3 years already. The reason why I'm using it is because my previous company uses RHB payroll services. I'll tell you my "wonderful" experience with this "wonderful" bank.

People:
(+) Staffs are quite friendly when you meet face to face with them.
(-) Can't think of any at this point.

Branch Services:
(+) Service is all good if you go to the branch directly.
(-)
Can't think of any at this point.

Credit Card:
(+) Quite reliable. No issues with their credit card up until now except for few incidents where the vendor's machine was unable to read the card. Have to resort to using CitiBank credit card.
(+) I have to give credit to them since they approved my first credit card application during my first job.
(-) Requested for card upgrade twice but both rejected. CitiBank approved my card upgrade without much hassle. (I don't even have any savings account in CitiBank)
(-) Online transactions using credit card fails 70% of the time.
(-) Too much hassle using RHB credit card online ever since they implemented 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... tier security measures. Thats probably why online vendors have issues with RHB's card.

Online Banking Services:
(+) Very convenient where you can do almost 70% of the things you do in real life banks. From paying utility bills to settle 3rd party credit card debts.
(+) Able to check your transaction history for both savings and credit card with a few clicks of a button.
(-) Stupid website times out so fast before you can even finish typing or filling up the details. You will need to re-do everything from the beginning after the timeout.
(-) They introduced a security feature sometimes back that requires you to collect a DotCom card from the branch where you opened your account with special codes on it. Every time you need to add a new biller, you need to read the captcha images on the website and enter the codes from your DotCom card. 70% of the time the capthca image is missing a character so you can't proceed. What you need to do next is to keep refreshing the page and re-enter the particulars until the captcha image has the correct number of characters. I thought online banking is supposed to make your life easier. People just get 1 year older every time they use RHB's online banking.
(-) I remembered once when I added Delta Finance to my biller list so that I could pay my car loan online. Apparently a month later I received a letter stating that I have not paid my loan and a penalty has been imposed. I need to send RHB a message via the online system to check what is going on and only after that they refunded the money I banked in for the loan. In the end I still need to pay the penalty because of their mistake.

Promptness in response (online):
(+) Can't think of anything good to talk about them regarding this.
(-) I've had numerous issues with their turnaround time getting back to customers with their enquiries. A lot of times I have to write a follow up mail to them to get back to me with me question. Just recently, My account shows two large sums of debit (more than 4k) but I did not actually receive them. I've checked with my friend and she showed me the receipt of the transaction. However I do not see any changes in my account balance. I wrote a nice email to RHB for an investigation. I've not received any response for a week, that's when I wrote another follow up. Two more days have passed without any response, so I wrote another one. 2 weeks later I received the following generic template:










Why the heck do I need to call in when I can email? They should contact me instead regarding this! I wrote another complaint letter to them not long after that. Currently I'm still waiting for a response. If they fail to revert back to me within this week, I'll spread the word further.

At this point, I'm really disgusted with their working ethics. After my credit card expires, I will choose a different bank to manage my money. RHB, you suck!

0 comments