I guess I have not updated for quite some time now. It's time for another round of case study update! My aim is to create a money making blog from scratch and see whether it can really make enough money to cover one's daily expenses. Or to simply make a living off from the internet for an average Joe.

There has been some major decision changes over the past one week. I've decided to scrap the whole idea about putting everything in a free blogspot account to a paid hosting plan. I signed up with a very reliable web hosting company with unlimited bandwidth, space and domain for a mere $71 annually. It's a very small investment in order to achieve a more significant result.

Right after I obtained my domain and site I quickly posted something on the first page. Following the instructions on Article Underground, I announced my site in 3 of their 33 announcement blogs and my website was immediately indexed by Google within 4 hours! I've never experience indexing so fast before. Normally it takes at least a week for a very good SEO-optimized website to be indexed. My DannyTechy blog took close to 6 months to be indexed by search engines.

Soon after that I activated WordPress on my account and implemented a SEO-optimized theme on it. During the past week I have been tweaking and importing posts from my previous blog. I started to insert affiliate banners I signed up with Commission Junction. At this point I'm still tweaking my site and wait for my total post to hit 50 before I start sending in free paid Google traffic I got from signing up with the web hosting company. Till the next update! Cheers!

0 comments